Thursday, February 8, 2007

TRAVEL = LIFE

Okay, so I am so ridiculously excited for all my upcoming travel, it's not even funny. Next week Grant and I are going to Belgium and Amstedam: 2 nights in Brussels, 4 nights in Amsterdam (I don't even want to begin to discuss how freakin pumped I am for this, because its a complete cliche for a college aged stoner to be excited to go to Amsterdam), then 2 nights in Bruges, then home. We're taking trains the whole way, which will be a little bit tiring, but we got a eurail pass so it's actually a lot cheaper than flying -- plus I actually prefer trains to airplanes.

Then, the weekend after we get back, I'm going to Marseilles to visit my French friend Marine. She lives and goes to school there. She is awesome and I'm really looking forward to seeing her.

The weekend after that, I'm not sure where I'm going, but I'm definitely traveling -- either to Ireland or Prague, I think.

The weekend after that, horseback riding in the Cevennes (organized by my study abroad program). It's just a day trip, which is good, because I don't want to be away for the entire weekend for weeks in a row.

The weekend after that is the start of my super intense travel spree: I'm taking the bus to Barcelona, where I'm meeting Casey. The two of us are stayiing there for the weekend, then taking the bus back to Montpellier, where Casey will spend the week with me. Then on Thursday or Friday we're going to fly to London together. I'm going to spend a night or two in London with Casey, and then meet my mom, who is flying into London as well. She and I will spend a night or two there and then take a train to Montpellier. We'll stay there for a few days and maybe then travel to La Rochelle to visit Marine's family. We also might go to Holland (Leiden or Utretch) to visit my cousins who live there.

Then, after my mom leaves, Grant and I (and possibly Lauraliz and/or Francesca) are going to Italy and CROATIA. Holy shit I am so excited for Croatia it's ridiculous. I've heard it's one of the most beautiful places on earth.

So anyway, how I'm affording all this is yet to be decided -- I mght have to go without food or alcohol for a little bit, but that's the price you have to pay to the travel gods, I suppose. Also, I recently sent my resume to some tutoring business and they said they wanted to meet me for an interview. So that would certainly bring in some necessary and much helpful revenue. I also might start babysitting. We shall see.

I'm gonna make another post in an hour or so with more of an "update," but right now I have to go to the local tabac for cigarettes because they close at lilke freakin 8 PM and its really fucking frustrating, because I always say, "I'll just get them when I'm out tonight," totally forgetting that to do so is impossible because the only things open past 8 PM are bars, kebab restaurants, and McDonalds.

2 comments:

Soe Lin Aung said...

Travel = Life = an awesome title for the post. I gather you're excited for the travelling. I'm definitely enjoying all the travel stuff, too, but I just wish I hadn't left basically all my money at home. I am such a loser. I'm definitely jealous you're meeting up with Casey and being such a general Europhile. But Thailand's cool, too. I bet the Pad Thai's better here. Sucka. Keep kissing on Main Street, I guess. - g

Casey Acierno said...

ahhhhh!! i am so excited about our eurotrip. hopefully by the time you read this comment, we will have our tickets for barcelona...!!!!